Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Fine Cooking Skills



I admit it, I am not the best of cooks. As a matter of fact, I am awful. Tonight after working at the hospital I decided to make a grill cheese for dinner with some soup. As you can see, I had a problem with the grill part, I burnt the bread so bad that the exhaust fan came on and we had to open windows to let the brunt smell out.
Here is a picture of my burnt masterpiece and the other pic is Doug explaining to Lily what happened. I need Rachel Ray.

5 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

You were clearly just busy with other things! Hope the second try turned out better.

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

ahahahahahaha!! Your grilled cheese looks like my attempted Cheese Crisp that I made the other day.....and promptly threw in the trash. Doh!

Sarah said...

That is so hilarious! We ALL have done things like this.I know Lily understood. Grace would have tried to tell me it was ok ad then asked for mac and cheese!

Jen said...

Ha! I do the same thing with pancakes. The kids have learned to just ask their dad to make pancakes...and I am completely fine with that.

Maureen said...

Foolproof grilled cheese - toast the bread then put cheese on the bread and microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Not as good as the real thing, but easier and better for you. Of course you could still burn the bread in the toaster....