Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday Sickness



My poor baby girl has a respiratory infection. Lily woke up in the middle of the night coughing and breathing hard and heavy. I took her temp., gave her some Tylenol and just held and rocked her for about 1 hour. I considering taking her to the emergency room, however Doug is out of town and I would have had to get Grant up and out of bed or called my mother and get her up and out of bed. Lily seemed to be doing better and fell back asleep. When we woke up this morning I just knew that she needed to be seen by our ped. and it was a good thing that we went. The ped office said that if i did not bring her in today that we would definitely have been in the ER this evening. Needless to say, Lily was prescribed nebulizer treatments to take Xopenex with. I already have noticed an improvement in her breathing, coughing and her general personality.
My mother came by this afternoon to bring some homemade vegetable soup and visit with the kids since we are home bound. We are not just home bound because of sickness, it only reached 12 degrees here in St. Louis today.
I had my mother take a picture of Lily receiving her breathing treatments. Lily is not a big fan of the oxygen mask, however Grant does a good job at distracting her and entertaining her. He is such an awesome big brother.

5 comments:

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

I can imagine how scary that was. So sorry to hear that she's sick...I'm glad the treatments are working and we'll pray that she heals quickly.

Her hair is getting so long. The pigtails are perfect! She gets prettier the older she gets. Sounds like you guys had a great holiday. I don't envy your 12 degree weather though. Think I'll stay put in our 63 degrees. :-O

Anonymous said...

Renee....If the need arises again, please give me a call. I would be happy to help you out in the middle of the night. You know, I work those night hours anyway. Don't forget that...636-225-0340. Hope Lily is feeling better. Glennon has been packed to the gills. RSV is so bad again this year. I, too, will be very happy to see Spring arrive. I miss all the warm days outside with all the kids hanging out....even though my "teen in two weeks" is in her own world. I was glad to see new photos...it has ben a while. Glad Lily adjusted well to the Christmas season. That can be overwhelming for all. She is a doll!! Love the long hair!! Take care!! jen s.

Anonymous said...

Renee & family,
It's so great to see some updated pics of Lily! I check your blog periodically...it's one in a long list of blogs we check up on to see new pics of the kids.
The last time I saw Lily & Grant was at the neighbor's New Year's party with Doug & I was blown away at how big they are both getting! Don't you just wish they could stay little forever!!!
I agree, winter has been too long this year. We can't wait to get out in the culdesac & play with bikes, wagons, balls, etc, etc. Hope Lily is feeling better soon. We are also proud owners of a nebulizer - that we use often for Alex. I feel your pain! A great tip that I do when the kids are sick or we are indoors due to yucko cold weather, we go to Lone Elk park. The boys love it & nobody has to get out of the car. The best part is you can hit that new Starbucks (yummy!) by the highway & swing back around to the park.
Hope everyone feels better soon!
Dawn & George

Sarah said...

Lily is getting so big! I am sorry to hear she is under the weather but I am so glad you caught it before it became more urgent. Grace woke up with a cough and runny nose yesterday- ah the joys of daycare crud!
Take care and give Lily a big hug from us and Grace.

Anonymous said...

Lily,
How scary! Get better soon. I know your momma will take great care of you.

love,
Mrs. Snodgrass