Friday, February 27, 2009

Missing My Grandpa



A week ago Thursday I lost one of the most important and influential men in my life, my grandpa. My grandpa died at the age of 95 from advanced age and severe fluid retention. His name was Anthony Bracht, however he went by the name Tony. Although Grandpa Bracht was not formerly educated he was the smartest man around. He was such a hard worker, the strong silent type. He retired from Shell Oil in 1975 and spent his time gardening, fishing and most of all enjoying his grandchildren, all 10 of them. Grandpa Bracht was a true class act and he will be missed by the whole family. I like to think that God called Grandpa home to be with his wife. My Grandma Bracht died in August 2007, approximately 2 weeks after Doug and I returned from China. Grandpa really missed her, they had been married for 65 years before her passing and he would talk about her often.
I will miss you Grandpa, however I am not saying "Goodbye", I am saying "See you later"

5 comments:

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Wow, you've had a tough week. How awesome though that you have so many great memories, stories and experiences of your grandpa. He sounds like a great man. And 95!! Wow! He lived a good long life. I wish both of our grandparents could have lived to see Nate. It's something I sometimes regret...not having kids earlier....but then we wouldn't have had Nate. I guess there's different ways to look at it. So sorry for your losses (grandpa and Ringo) and praying for your hearts to be comforted. How are the kids doing?

a little leprechaun said...

Wow Renee! Tough week! I'm so sorry for both of your losses...

Sarah said...

You have had a rought week I am sorry for all that has happened. I lost my father shortly after we found out we passed our homestudy to adopt Grace. I wish he would have lived to meet her. Cherish the memories you have- they will help you through the grief.

Shannon said...

I am sorry I missed all this going on. What a week. Maybe you need to get a puppy in the kids easter basket? Hmmm! Praying for you...

Tugrul ve Rachel OZDEMIR said...

Never easy to lose someone like that in your life....those are the kind of people you wish could stay forever. Thank you for sharing the memory of your grandma and grandpa. I am sorry for your losses too-
I'm glad we have pictures to remind us of what our hearts will never forget- Helps the missing -