Sunday, August 5, 2007

More on Lily Day

Arrival Chongquing
Wrapping Daddy around her finger!
Cooling off in the tub

In Mommy's Arms Forever!
Well today was Lily day!!! She is wonderful but let me give you a rundown on the day

We had to be up at 4:30am to meet in the lobby at 5:30am to catch the 7:30am flight to Chongqing. Talk about a bunch of tired, groggy parents!
After a 2 1/2 flight we arrived to the Inter Continental to check in, organize our things and catch a nap. Christi, our guide, told us that the babies would be here around 3:00pm so around 4:00pm we get the call that the babies are here.

What can I say, other than that was definitely the most incredible moment. I was so scared that I would not recognize Lily since the last picture I have of her was taken 5 months ago. Doug took one look at this sweet baby on the couch and said "that is our girl” and he was right. Christi called our name and handed me this sweet little girl with a ton of thick black hair. I fell in love immediately!! Lily did not cry or really do much of anything but just stared and looked very sad.

We took her up to our room to be alone and have her get to know us. She was very hot and sweaty and looked miserable. The babies came in a hot bus that had no a/c and drove 3 hours away. So I stripped her down and put her in a nice bath and she loved it. Right away her disposition changed after a soothing bath, a new diaper and
new jammies. I also shampooed that thick raven black hair, you
should see it, it is wild!

Doug and I were getting hungry so I ventured out to the streets by myself and found a quick shop to get some coke and water and went to a pizza hut to get a carry out pizza. I wasn't brave enough to get a salmon pizza or a clam and oyster pizza, so I stuck with a good old pepperoni American pizza. It was good and cheap.

When I came back Doug was playing with Lily and getting to know her. I think she already has him wrapped around her finger. I then played with her while Doug ate and she ended up falling asleep on me. Now she is sleeping like an angel in the crib. I think she will come around although I can tell she is grieving for her foster family.

Posted by Shannon Laxton


Renee is still unable to access blogger.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so happy for you! Eat the weird stuff. It'll be a great experience especially if the stuff is nasty.

Can't wait to meet your girl!

AustiNinAllaNathAnDave

Anonymous said...

Oh Renee- I'm so happy for you!
I'm sitting here crying looking at your pictures, I know it was such an emotional journey to Lily. She is absolutely beautiful!!! She just looks perfect! I'm so excited for your whole family, I know you and Doug feel lucky to finally have her, but Lily is very lucky also, she has a great big-brother and wonderful parents. We miss you at work and send our best wishes to all of you!

Brandy Schackmann